Monday, May 22, 2006

Hiking Boots would be Handy


I got the day off to a good start by forgetting to grab my hiking boots on the way out the door at Mom's. I got up at 4:30am and we hit the road by 5:08 as we were to meet the Smith's and Leeney's in Massey, ON for breakfast at 7:00am. However somewhere around Ice Lake I suddenly realized that I couldn't remember putting my boots in the car so I asked Ron if he had. Nope! So it was fly back to Barrie Island grab the boots and hit the road again. We were at the restaurant by 7:10. No officer we weren't speeding! After a pleasant breakfast we headed off again with today's planned destination being Pukaskwa National Park near Marathon. From here on in our time is our own so we are no longer in a rush. We stopped for a snack at a picnic grounds in Bruce Mines mid-morning (we've voted the pit toiets there the cleanest we've EVER seen), and lunch in Sault Ste. Marie. By mid-afternoon I could no longer stay awake so we decided to stop driving and pitch our tents at the very cold lake side at Lake Superior Provincial Park. Overnight it was around freezing. However in the evening Ron got some nice pics of pebbles on the beach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home